Friday 25 February 2011

HARRY REALLY WAS A LITTLE STINKER.

Did you know that rabbits have gas too? Noted exotics veterinarian Dana Krempels once quipped that a farting bunny is a happy bunny. This is because gas can build up in the intestine and cause a rabbit to stop eating. This leads to toxins building up until the poor animal dies.

In my When a Man Loves a Rabbit (Learning and Living With Bunnies) memoir, I recounted how one of my fur friends pushed the limits of my affection by quite literally being a little stinker.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

However, Harry was still having digestive problems. His diarrhea had subsided, but he began passing gas. The smell was so powerful that I could hardly believe it had come from such a small creature. What really annoyed me was when Harry loafed under the printer in my studio and broke wind. In desperation, I blasted the room with air freshener.

One morning, I shot the aerosol spray under the computer desk, as close to Harry as I dared. Suddenly, my printer stopped working and I suspected that moisture from the spray had destroyed the electronics.

Whatever the case, I felt upset with Harry for being such a clunk-headed, rude boy. He seemed not to understand why I shooed him out of my studio so often. To him, it was part of his domain and he had a right to be there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

When a Man Loves a Rabbit contains many more fascinating stories of life with house bunnies. These range from the tragic to the hilarious. Click here to read more about this book and to order it. You may also e-mail me directly if the comment form doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.