Friday 1 April 2011

WHERE'S THAT "MARK OF THE BEAST" EH?

Various charismatic sects and misfits throughout the twentieth century have proclaimed the soon arrival of a worldwide government headed by a man who Scripture calls "the beast." Mussolini, Hitler, and even Saddam Hussein were supposed to have been this man of sin but all of them failed to do what various over-excited ministers said they would.

During the seventies, I was under the influence of a so-called prophet and Bible teacher who believed that the implementation of "the mark" was imminent. Like a fool, I believed his bogus prediction without question.

Thirty-five years ago this month, I received a call from my brother, Roy, who was frantic with worry about this prophesied event. Being a bit simple-minded, he took every word he heard literally. Here's an excerpt from How I Was Razed that demonstrates how deceived we were back then.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

An incident in March demonstrated to me once more how foolish I had been to invite Roy to Thee Church. As I finished eating supper in my room, the phone rang.

"I want to go to the rodeo at the Coliseum. Please take me to see it," Roy pleaded.

"What are you asking me for? Can't you find it yourself?"

"I'm afraid I'll get lost. I want to see the rodeo before the mark of the beast comes."

"It's not going to happen right away, Roy. Those tattoo machines are still being tested and the man of sin hasn't been revealed. The great famine hasn't happened yet either. There'll be other rodeos before then. Besides that, it's easy to get to the Coliseum by bus."

"Why can't you take me to the rodeo? I want to go so bad."

"I've got other things to do. You go if you want to see it that badly."

After arguing for a few more minutes, we said good-bye. "I guess he'll have to be sent to the Nahanni Valley city of refuge since he's so dependent on others, I grumbled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

How I Was Razed is the testimony of the way I was mislead by a cult church, how I turned my back on God after I felt he perennially failed to heal my eyes, and how he graciously brought me to my senses.

My previous books are now available for purchase online by clicking here. You may click here to e-mail me directly as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.