Friday 17 February 2012

MAKING AN OLD HOUSE NEW.

Rabbits love to play. This fact, not commonly known by the general public, was adequately demonstrated to me time and time again by a succession of house bunnies during the past two decades. The antics of my furry friends provided me with hours of entertainment and amusement as they lived out their lives in my home.

I made an interesting discovery quite by accident eleven years ago. It taught me that old rabbit toys need not be replaced in order to keep the minds of my long-eared companions stimulated. It also kept them from chewing things they shouldn't, such as my furniture and rugs.

From When a Man Loves a Rabbit (Learning and Living With Bunnies), here is how I made this discovery.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

By February, Harry had become bored with his cardboard house. On a whim, I flipped it over. To Harry, it suddenly became a new toy and he looked so comical with such long, black floppy ears bouncing around. He acted as if he'd never seen the box before and joyfully played with it.

Had I known what his reaction would have been, I would have turned it upside down months ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

When a Man Loves a Rabbit contains many more fascinating stories of life with house bunnies. These vignettes range from the tragic to the hilarious. You're welcome to click the link to my books or contact me directly for more information.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny the way animals perceive things differently. This was a cute story.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.