Tuesday 19 March 2013

CREATURES OF UNLIMITED CURIOSITY.

If you think that cats are nosey creatures, and they certainly are, check out the snoopiness of rabbits. Many folks who have never kept bunnies in the house miss witnessing their insatiable curiosity. Never have I seen such inquisitive animals like rabbits. I've had plenty of experience with their explorations over the years.

Gideon was my first proper house rabbit. Regretfully, I kept previous bunnies in cages and rarely let some out for exercise. According to my rabbit-loving list friends, I let Gideon establish where his litter box should be. Then I let him have progressively more space to roam. He eventually had the run of the entire main floor. You can see him in action on my Bruce Atchison YouTube channel.

Harry was my next bunny. Friends of a friend gave him to me in 2000. The poor rabbit was in sad shape but he perked up after I got him cleaned up. Though he was a Fuzzy Lop, he was just as snoopy as Gideon. In fact, Harry resembled Snoopy, in the Peanuts comics, doing his Joe Cool impression. I don't have any YouTube video of him yet but I hope to upload some soon.

Neutrino was the third house rabbit that was given to me by a friend. He's the bunny inside the cardboard concrete form picture. Rabbits love hiding places and this tunnel became Neutrino's favourite play and sleeping area. He too loved poking his wiggly nose into places where it wasn't wanted.

One of the boldest bunnies I've had the privilege to care for was Sierra. She was a three-pound bunny with a ton of attitude. As you can see on another Bruce Atchison YouTube video, she was quite a handful when it came to doing naughty things. Even so, she was also very sweet to me.

As I've posted before, rabbits aren't for everybody. Check out the A Channel newscast that I appeared in during April of 2000. It has some good information about rabbits. The House Rabbit Society has far more information for people seeking accurate answers regarding bunny care.

My When a Man Loves a Rabbit: Learning and Living with Bunnies memoir makes a good companion paperback to all those "how to" books on the market. I relate how I discovered much about rabbits by letting them live with me as companion animals. More information about this memoir is at the left side of this page.

I also have a brand new book out called How I Was Razed: A Journey from Cultism to Christianity. Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Virtual Bookworm Publishers distribute this testimony of how God led me out of a cult and into the freedom of his truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.