Tuesday 26 April 2016

Why Must We Suffer Persecution?

 It might be an obvious question to ask but the answer isn't often understood. To put it simply, we become targets when we oppose Satan and his forces.

As I've noted before, Hebrews chapter eleven shows that the followers of God suffered for their steadfast faith in him. Since Satan can't beat the Lord, he attacks his servants. God lets some persecution come our way to strengthen us. When we die, or when Christ returns, we have graduated from Earth's school of hard knocks and need no more training.

The Apostle Paul knew not only how to suffer for Christ but why. He reminded the churches often about the surpassing glory awaiting those who endured to the end. In Colossians 1:24 (KJV)he wrote of himself, "Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill  up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his  body's sake, which is the church:"

So all of us who suffer mockings or even violence can comfort ourselves that we will reap a much better reward in heaven when Christ returns. As Paul wrote in Romans 8:18 (KJV) "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present  time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be  revealed in us."

Though it upsets and grieves me that millions of Christians are suffering and dying around the world, I console myself with the truth that we are bound for far greater things than this world can provide.

In my next book, I hope to show how much more wonderful heaven will be to us who will be there. Watch this space for updates and further Bible teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.