Tuesday 10 May 2016

Is God Hiding From Us?



 In light of my previous post, I'm sure somebody will ask me why God seems to be so hard to hear from. After all, he doesn't speak audibly to people as he did in the Old Testament days. Neither can we speak to his son in person as the first century people in Israel did.

Did you know that God communicates with us through the Bible? He did this for an excellent reason too. Since personal experiences are subjective, God had his words written down by dedicated and trustworthy believers. These words were meticulously copied and fragments of unearthed parchments were compared for commonalities by scholars. This prevents misunderstandings and embellishments of his message by us fallible humans.

Jesus himself said in John 5:46 (KJV), "For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me." And so did other Old Testament scribes write about Christ. But I'll write more about this another time.

God, through his prophets and kings, wrote that he can be found if, and only if, people seek him with pure motives. Proverbs 8:17 (KJV) says, "I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me." By the way, the last part of this verse doesn't mean that whoever sleeps in won't find him. It means that our prime directive is to seek him first.

I could point out many more scripture verses regarding seeking the Lord but this blog would become too long. Suffice it to say that God wants people to seek him rather than them searching for reasons to deny his existence.

There was a time in my life when I rejected the Lord. Eventually, I realized that the malarkey I learned at an errant house church was wrong. Now I know God for who he really is. I wrote about this joyous discovery in my How I Was Razed book which is available through Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.