Thursday 22 September 2016

What Happened to the Blood Moon Prophecies?

Like the people I wrote about in my previous post, some Christians see judgement and doom in every event. For example, there were four "blood moons" in 2015 and 2016. Mark Biltz and John Hagee claimed that it meant a bloody slaughter of the Jews in Israel.

I don't remember anything like what they claimed happening in Israel. There were quite a few stabbing's of Jews by Muslims but violence is common in the Middle East.

This sort of false prophesying has gone on for millennia. Even in my lifetime, I remember how the Children of God cult members fled America because their leader said that a comet would destroy the United States in January of 1974.

I remember the Jehovah's Witnesses and the house church leader, where I attended, saying there would be a famine in 1975 and we all needed to stock up on non-perishable food. Since I barely had money to pay the rent and buy groceries, the elder woman of the church promised that I could come there to live during the famine.

Then there was the planetary alignment of 1982 which certain people claimed would bring on catastrophic events. March the tenth was supposed to be the day but it came and went without incident.

We all remember Y2K and how it was a huge flop. Various Christian organizations were hocking freeze-dried survival food to believers. They thought that anarchy would break out once the mainframe computers crashed and city people would panic.

In my How I Was Razed book, I showed how paranoid the elders of the house church were regarding the mark of the beast and end times disasters. Read more about this wondrous testimony of God's providential leading at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.