Thursday 13 July 2017

Christ Vs. Mohammad on Enemies

One of many major differences between Christianity and Islam is the treatment of enemies. Christ famously said in Matthew 5:44 (KJV), "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

Just before that, he commanded in Matthew 5:39 (KJV), "But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

Christ's apostles likewise believed in living in peace with others. Romans 12:18 (KJV) admonishes, "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men."

We don't repay evil for evil because that's up to God to repay. Hebrews 10:30 (KJV) instructs, "For we know him that hath said, 'Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense,' saith the Lord. And again, 'The Lord shall judge his people.'"

But Muslims are instructed not to even have unbelievers as friends. Look at what sura 60:1 says. "O you who believe! Do not take My enemies and your enemies for supporters, offering them affection, when they have disbelieved in what has come to you of the Truth. They have expelled the Messenger, and you, because you believed in Allah, your Lord. If you have mobilized to strive for My cause, seeking My approval, how can you secretly love them? I know what you conceal and what you reveal. Whoever among you does that has strayed from the right way."
 
And instead of praying for enemies, the Qu'ran says this in sura 8:12. "Your Lord inspired the angels: “I am with you, so support those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. So strike above the necks, and strike off every fingertip of theirs."
  
This, and many other comparisons, I want to include in my next book called You Think You're Going to Heaven? We who believe in Christ must discern truth from poison. This is why God gave us his Word in written form. We therefore must understand truth from counterfeits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.