Saturday 29 July 2017

Saturday Song, 'El Paso'

My good friend Abbie Taylor has been writing a feature on her blog called "Saturday Song" where she writes about significant music in her life and she also provides links to them.

I like this idea so much that I've decided to do this on my blog too. After all, religious subjects can be intense and burdensome. So let's have one day of lightness to offset the heaviness.

"El Paso" is my favourite Marty Robins song. It's the earliest song I can recall. In 1959, I was only three years old but somehow the song stuck with me.

Though "El Paso" is about murder, jealousy, and cowboy justice, this song gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Like in the movies, the actors all get up and become themselves again when the director yells, "Cut!"

That's how I feel when I hear Marty's classic song. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.