Tuesday 17 October 2017

Will We Be Married In Heaven?

In researching this subject, I find that Mormons believe that marriages performed in their church last forever. This doesn't square with what Jesus taught. In Matthew 22:30 (KJV), the Sadducees asked him who would a fictitious woman belong to if she had seven husbands who all died.   He replied, "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."

Mormons, on the other hand, look to Doctrine and Covenants as their guide. Section 132:19 reads, "And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by  my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting  covenant, and it is sealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of promise,  by him who is anointed, unto whom I have appointed this power and the keys of this priesthood; and it shall be said unto  them—'Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection;' and if it be after the first resurrection, in the next resurrection; and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities,and powers, dominions, all heights and depths—then shall it be  written in the Lamb's Book of Life, that he shall commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, and if ye abide in my covenant, and  commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, it shall be done  unto them in all things whatsoever my servant hath put upon them, in time,  and through all eternity; and shall be of full force when they are out  of the world; and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which  are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been  sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fullness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever

What we'll be doing in heaven before the resurrection is continually praising our heavenly Father and rejoicing in Christ's salvation of us. What a glorious time that will be. As 2 Corinthians 5:8 (KJV) explains, "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

I'll be writing in another post about the blasphemous LDS doctrine of being gods in our own right. It'll be part of my next book called You Think You're Going to Heaven? Only the Trinity is eternal whereas we mere creations had a beginning. Therefore, I oppose any sect claiming that we are gods and I want everybody to be warned about such blasphemous lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.