Tuesday 14 November 2017

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Christians?

To many folks, Jehovah's Witnesses are merely a peculiar sect of Christianity. But are these deluded folks really Christians? To understand this, we need to know what makes a person a Christian.

The Apostle Paul wrote in Romans 10:9-10 (KJV), "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

But Jehovah's Witnesses believe that loyalty to "Jehovah's organization" is what saves people. This belief is contradicted in Titus 3:5 (KJV) which reads, "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;"

Furthermore, our works of righteousness come from gratitude, not obligation or any phoney requirement to be saved. James 2:18 (KJV) explains, "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works."

Genuine followers of Christ search the scriptures whereas disciples of The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society merely follow what they're told to do. But Acts 17:11 (KJV)shows what we believers in Christ ought to do. "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."

And while they fear falling out of Jehovah's favour, we have no such worry. As the Apostle Paul wrote regarding his hope of eternal life in 2 Timothy 1:12 (KJV), "For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."

All this and more will I explain and expand upon in my next book called You Think You're Going to Heaven? Only by trusting in Christ's atonement on the cross, not a torture steak, will we be granted access to eternal life with him. So many earnest people will be consigned to hell because they sought to enter heaven by their works. I hope to redirect some from that horrible fate through my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.