Saturday 18 November 2017

Saturday Song: Rupert's People, Reflections of Charles Brown

Among a stack of seven-inch records my mom bought back in 1969 from a bargain store was this song I'd never heard before. It was one I instantly fell in love with. And though I don't know if the band sang about the comic strip character, Charlie Brown, I still associated the song with him.

Click here to hear "Reflections of Charles Brown"."

I can easily imagine a grown-up Charlie Brown with his wife and children. The writer of this song thinks it's "very sad" that he had a quiet life. Is that so bad?

Life isn't all excitement and happiness. It has its ups and downs and nobody is immune from those.

This world needs people like Charlie Brown. They work hard, raise children, and they don't disturb others. While flamboyant people stir up excitement, these folks keep steadily working in the background.

And as the Apostle Paul wrote in 1 Timothy 2:2 (KJV) regarding prayer, "For kings, and for all that are in authority;  that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and  honesty."

Likewise, 1 Peter 3:4 (KJV) exhorts, "But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that  which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet  spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price."

So, what do you think of this song and what I've written? Please leave me a comment in the box below. And if you don't feel like commenting, have a lovely and quiet weekend anyway. Some of the best times are those quiet moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.