Saturday 13 January 2018

Saturday Song: The Beatles, "There's a Place"

This was one of many songs I heard while I was in Jericho Hill School for the Deaf and Blind. We had no privacy in the dorm so I often wandered off alone outside. A lovely forest behind the school grew wild and I often resorted there to get away from other boys. Being alone gave me some measure of comfort. In fact, I felt more lonely with those supervisors and children.

Hear this song here.

We who trust in Christ are never alone. As Jesus instructed and promised his disciples in Matthew 28:20 (KJV), "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

We also have the Holy Spirit who will never leave us. Jesus promised in John 14:16 (KJV), "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"

We also have the promise of Christ's return in John 14:3 (KJV) which says, "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

So, what do you think of this song and what I wrote? Please leave me a comment. But if you'd rather not, I hope you have a wonderful weekend anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.