Thursday 11 January 2018

What is the Jesus Only Movement?

I've mentioned before that the "Jesus Only" movement is the modalistic belief that God isn't one WHAT and three WHOs but one who appears in three different forms throughout history.

Believers in the "Jesus Only" doctrine also claim that he and he only is the one we should worship since he's a manifestation of God. Furthermore, they use all those Old Testament scriptures declaring that God is the one and only deity to bolster their case.

The "Jesus Only" folks are right that verses like Deuteronomy 4:35 (KJV) plainly state, "Unto thee it was showed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him."

We likewise read in 1 Kings 8:60 (KJV) that God does what he does so, "That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else."

Furthermore, Isaiah 45:22 (KJV) shows that God is a saviour of humanity. "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else."

It's no wonder then that "Jesus Only" proponents claim that Jesus is God and there are no other members of the Trinity. They even believe that the Holy Spirit is a mere force emanating from God. And as I've mentioned before, their pride prevents them from even imagining that they could be wrong.

For this and other reasons, I hope to finish my book called You Think You're Going to Heaven? My hope is that I can reach those individuals who are actually searching for the truth rather than gainsaying God's message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.