Thursday 15 March 2018

Has The Messiah Come?




Like the Apostle Paul, I feel sad for the Jews. As he wrote in Romans 9:1 to 5 (BBE), "I say what is true in Christ, and not what is false, my mind giving witness with me in the Holy Spirit, That I am full of sorrow and pain without end. For I have a desire to take on myself the curse for my brothers, my family in the flesh: Who are Israelites: who have the place of sons, and the glory, and the agreements with God, and the giving of the law, and the worship, and the hope offered by God: Whose are the fathers, and of whom came Christ in the flesh, who is over all, God, to whom be blessing for ever. So be it."

With the clear revelation of God throughout the Old Testament, they still didn't understand that faith in God was what they were supposed to have. By the time Christ was born, the Pharisees had made Judaism into a burdensome religion rather than a love relationship with the heavenly Father.

Jesus proved himself to be the Christ, the long-awaited saviour of the world. John 1:41 (KJV) relates what Andrew did when, "He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, 'We have found the Messias,' which is, being interpreted, the Christ."

But in spite of all the miracles Jesus did, the religious rulers refused to believe him. We can see that demonstrated easily at his mock trial. Luke 22:67 (KJV) says, "'Art thou the Christ? tell us.' And he said unto them, 'If I tell you, ye will not believe:'"

I think it's also ironic that the gentiles were easier to reach than the Israelites. John 4:25 and 26 (KJV) shows how a whole Samaritan village came to believe in the Lord. "The woman saith unto him, 'I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.' Jesus saith unto her, 'I that speak unto thee am he."

So why do the Jews still refuse to believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah? The Apostle Paul explained it using the incident of Moses coming down from meeting with God and he had to put a cloth over his face since it shone. The people asked Moses to be a go-between to God for them. Paul noted in 2 Corinthians 3:15 (KJV),  "But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart."

I could write so much more on this subject but I'll save it for my next book called You Think You're Going to Heaven? Through many infallible proofs, Jesus showed himself to be God incarnate. People must either believe or reject him. There's no neutral position.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.